Legendary Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen was known for his poetic lyrics, iconic songs and baritone voice.
“Poetry in McGregor” invites you to join us for a weekend of music, films and tributes to honour this great musician - 26th to 28th of May 2017
Book your accommodation, park your car and enjoy the thrill of walking from venue to venue in the poetic village of McGregor in the Western Cape.
FRIDAY 26 MAY 2017
16:00 – 17:35: Film @ Wahnfried: LEONARD COHEN - SONGS FROM THE ROAD (by donation at the door, advisable to pre-book your seat)
In 2008 Leonard Cohen embarked on his first tour in 15 years. His itinerary took him to the most prestigious and beautiful venues in virtually every corner of the globe, mesmerizing and charming audiences with performances that were hailed as some of the best of his career. One dozen of Leonard Cohen’s most famous songs from those recent world tour performances are now collected on Songs from the Road.
1. Lover, Lover, Lover- Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv, Israel- September 24, 2009
2. Bird on the Wire- Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow, Scotland- November 6, 2008
3. Chelsea Hotel –Royal Albert Hall, London, England- November 17, 2008
4. Heart With no Companion- Oberhausen King Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen, Germany- November 2, 2008
5. That Don’t Make it Junk- O2 Arena, London, England- November 13, 2008
6. Waiting for the Miracle- HP Pavilion, San Jose, California- November 13, 2009
7. Avalanche - Gothenburg Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden- October 12, 2008
8. Suzanne - MEN Arena, Manchester, England –November 30, 2008
9. The Partisan-Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland- October 10, 2008
10. Famous Blue Raincoat - O2 Arena, London, England- November 13, 2008
11. Hallelujah - Coachella Music Festival, Indio, California- April 17, 2009
12. Closing Time - John Labatt Centre, London, Ontario- May 24, 2009
20:00 – 21:30: Live event @ Wahnfried: A TRIBUTE TO LEONARD COHEN BY ROGER LUCEY (R120.00pp pre-booking essential)